The ideas expressed here may be controversial for some - they're intended to be.
The idea is to get you thinking about why you believe what you believe, and generate a bit of discussion.
Many blogs offer devotional inspiration, I want to offer theological inspiration.

Sunday, 4 July 2010

The Lord's Prayer on Twitter

If you are on Twitter, you can join with me and fellow tweeters in saying a specially written contemporary version of the Lord's Prayer I've written for Twitter. Starting at 2pm on Monday 5th July, I'll be tweeting the prayer in 5 parts at hourly intervals (part 1 at 2pm, part 2 at 3pm etc).

The idea is that your day will interspersed with brief pauses for prayer.
To join in, login or sign-up to Twitter (not too tricky) and then search for TimRossMinister.
I'll send out a warning tweet a few minutes before sending each part of the prayer on the hour.
You can tweet and Amen after each one, or at the end of the prayer if you want.

I'd be grateful if you would pass this on to anyone you think might be interested (copy and paste into an email), or if you are on Twitter, please would you let your followers know and get them to follow my Twitter.

If you don't live the UK, we are on British Summer Time. You can see what time that is wherever you are by going to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

When the prayer is finished, I'll post the full, slightly extended version of the prayer here on the blog.

Peace with you,
Tim

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea I'll definitely be joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete